Monday, September 13, 2010

Introduction



Greetings and Salutations! My name is Eric Peterson, and I'm a mix and mastering engineer based in Los Angeles, CA. Like many of you, I savor the experience of losing myself in a sonic landscape. I love the world of imagination and emotion that is created by a fantastic mix... It's like another dimension, an alternate reality.

I've spent the last 12 years diligently honing my craft, mixing and remixing projects for countless clients, looking over the shoulders of some of the best in the business, consuming every available bit of information... Quite simply, I've been unrelentingly passionate about learning the tools and techniques of this art, and the journey to reach the level of skill I now enjoy has been one of the most profound and edifying experiences of my life. My intention is to use this blog to aid others in their journey.

Much of this material will also be compiled into a book, as well as several online training modules, both of which will offer more depth to the topics, as well as sonic examples to help practice and ingrain the concepts presented. To that end, I welcome any and all suggestions and feedback. Please help me understand what I can do to help you aspiring mixers out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment